Production Blog: editing day two




  Today I finished editing our film. This did not take me too long because there was not much that we needed to crop out or cut. Something that I had a hard time doing was deciding how I wanted to transition each shot to the next. I wanted each scene to be smooth to watch, and not choppy. I made sure to watch each scene multiple times to make sure that I looked nice, and there were not any mess ups. Since I already had the scenes at Courtneys house and Macies house edited, I only had to edit the scenes that we filmed at school. After putting all the scenes together, I made sure to crop out any parts of the video that we didn't need in the film. I also had to make a couple of changes to our film. I realized that we didn't film the part where I come up my plan of sending the embarrassing photo out to the school. I had to think of way that I could film this by myself, but have it still make sense. My best idea was to make it look like I was coming home from school, and that is when I come up with the idea. I feel like this worked out nicely and covered our mistake. Another part that we edited out was the whole beginning scene with Macie and her Mom. I added in a school bell sound effect to make it known to the audience that it is a new school day. We felt that this was wasting time in our film, so we decided to crop that part out. After editing the final video, I am very happy with how it came out. I was really stressed about filming our video, and I am glad that I am finally finished. I am also happy to show my classmates my video and get their reactions. I feel that I learned a lot during this process. I feel that I have increased my skills in filming and I feel that it was a good learning experience. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CR Blog

Short Film Package: New Girl

Intro Blog